Foundation of Khilji (Khalji) Dynasty:-
Jalal-ud-din Khilji was the founder of Khilji Dynasty (Khalji Dynasty) in 1290 AD. Khilji Dynasty was the second to rule “The Delhi Sultanate”. The Khiljis were one of the clans of the Turks. The rule of Khilji Dynasty has reached the power and influence of Delhi Sultanate to its peak. The Khilji’s were marked by wars and internal conflicts.
1) Jalal-ud-din Khilji(1290 AD -1296 AD):-
- Jalal-ud-din Khilji was extremely liberal and tolerant.
- He ruled from kilokhri, though he built his capital in Delhi when he invaded India.
- When Mongols attacked during his reign, he smartly negotiate with them and make them leave the country.
- Jalal-ud-din was murdered in 1296 AD by Alauddin Kilji , his nephew in a conspiracy.
2) Alauddin Khilji (Juna Khan)1296 AD – 1316 AD:-
- Alauddin Khilji was the ruler of Khilji Dynasty after the death of Jalal-ud-Khilji.
- He was the most successful ruler of Khilji Dynasty.
- Alauddin Khilji break new ground by conquering Deccan.
- He did not pursue Islamic principles in matters of state.
- He captured Gujrat , Ranthambhor, Malwa , Ujjain, Mandu , Dhar , chanderi except Bengal.
3) Qutubuddin Mubarak Khilji(1316 AD – 1320 AD):-
- He was the last and most weakest of the Khilji Dynasty.
- Qutubuddin Mubarak Kilji released those prisioners who were captured by his predecessors in wars.
- Qutubuddin Mubarak Khilji was murdered by his wazir, Khusraw Khan which marks the end of The Khilji Dynasty.
End Of Khilji Dynasty:-
- During the rule of Qutubuddin Mubarak Khilji, the power lies in the hands of his wazir, Khusraw Khan who killed him and ended the Khilji Dynasty.